2010 NFL Mock Draft
Nothing fancy, just my NFL mock draft for this year’s draft. I honestly don’t think the Eagles will get anyone they truly want if they don’t trade up.
1) St. Louis Rams – QB Sam Bradford: The releasing of Marc Bulger made this pick pretty obvious. They are in need of a new QB for the present and future and Bradford is the best coming into the draft.
2) Detroit Lions – DT Ndamukong Suh: Suh is the best player in the draft and the Lions will be licking their chops when he drops to this spot. The 6’4”, 307-pound monster can make linemen miserable and eventually QB’s and running backs too.
3) Tampa Bay Buccaneers – OT Russell Okung: Regarded as the best OT in the draft, Okung can become a starter immediately. He’s a big body (6’5”, 307 pounds) and a great technical blocker; both scary attributes.
4) Washington Redskins – QB Jimmy Clausen: The Skins may have gotten Donovan McNabb but he won’t be their long term answer. Clausen is a top-10 pick and could develop into something for the future. Not an immediate solution like the first three picks will be.
5) Kansas City Chiefs – DT Gerald McCoy: McCoy is the second best DT behind Suh. He’s very explosive, something the Chiefs lacked in the interior line last year.
6) Seattle Seahawks – OT Trent Williams: They need to replace retired LT Walter Jones and Williams is the guy to pick. Though he plays RT, Seattle could try to move him to the opposite side.
7) Cleveland Browns – FS Eric Berry: Berry has been touted to be the best safety to hit the draft in recent years. He dominated the SEC with 72 tackles and tied for the national lead in interceptions with seven.
8) Oakland Raiders – DE Derrick Morgan: Poor draft history would tell me that Oakland would draft RB CJ Spiller but I have confidence they will do the right thing and pick Morgan. He’s got a lot of potential to be a force in the NFL.
9) Buffalo Bills – DT Dan Williams: They need a WR and I truly think they will trade down in the draft to a team who wants a player at this level. Wouldn’t be surprised with Philly does it to draft Earl Thomas. But if Buffalo stands-pat, they will take Williams, another highly touted and very athletic DT.
10) Jacksonville Jaguars – CB Joe Haden: The secondary is filled with holes and with Haden still surprisingly on the board, the Jaguars should take him. He’s not the ball hawk teams are attracted too but he is a legit shut-down corner that will be all over opposing team’s WR’s.
11) Denver Broncos – ILB Rolando McClain
12) Miami Dolphins – FS Taylor Mays
13) San Francisco 49ers – OT Bryan Baluga
14) Seattle Seahawks – RB CJ Spiller
15) New York Giants – OLB Brandon Graham
16) Tennessee Titans – DE Jason Pierre-Paul
17) San Francisco 49ers – CB Earl Thomas
18) Pittsburgh Steelers – WR Golden Tate
19) Atlanta Falcons – WR Dez Bryant
20) Houston Texans – CB Kyle Wilson
21) Cincinnati Bengals – TE Jermaine Gresham
22) New England Patriots – RB Ryan Matthews
23) Green Bay Packers – OT Anthony Davis
24) Philadelphia Eagles – DE Everson Griffen: I see them trading up but if they are stuck here and don’t want to trade out of the first round, Griffen may be the best option available. Philly needs S, DT, DE, OLB, and G help.
25) Baltimore Ravens – CB Devin McCourty
26) Arizona Cardinals – OLB Sergio Kindle
27) Dallas Cowboys – OT Charles Brown
28) San Diego Chargers – DT Jared Odrick
29) New York Jets – OLB Sean Witherspoon
30) Minnesota Vikings – CB Kareem Jackson
31) Indianapolis Colts – OG Mike Iupati
32) New Orleans Saints – DT Brian Price